COVID 19 and Census Information
COVID 19 Update
WMFC is providing very limited programs during
this period of Covid-19 social distancing.
Current programs are limited to:
- Childcare...Call Kerianne Allemang at 989-832-3256
- Various Food Distributions...Call Welcome Center at 989-832-3256
- Emergency Help for Families...Call Renee Young at 989-832-3256
- Diaper Distribution...Call Sheleigh Nicolai at 989-832-3256
All other programs, activities and events are canceled for now. For information please call or email rather than showing up unannounced.Typical Current Building Hours:
- Monday through Friday...7:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
We may open later and close earlier please call ahead to be sure!!!
- Saturday and Sunday...CLOSED
2020 Census Information
Census forms are filled out by household. Everyone living at the address matters and everyone needs to be counted - including children and babies. To learn more about what to expect if you have questions, visit
MI Voice Counts
Do not let rumors and misinformation keep you from filling out the census. Here are the facts:
- Census forms are filled out by household. Everyone living at the address matters and everyone needs to be counted-including children and babies.
- You do not have to pay to fill out the census.
- You do not need a street address to respond.
- The Census Bureau will not call or email you to get your census information.
- You will not be asked about citizenship or immigration status.
- Something to do while you shelter in place - although it will only take about 10 minutes:
Take the census online at my2020census.gov or by phone call in at 844-330-2020.
- You Count
- Midland Census Handout
- For more help you may contact our WMFC Census 2020 contact who is Susan Love. Email Susan at firstname.lastname@example.org
The West Midland Family Center (WMFC) is an organization that is empowering families to grow together in a positive and enriching environment. We strive to create thriving families by improving individual self-worth, helping others, and creating a fit and healthy community. Families feel safe at WMFC because they know that the programs are designed, and our staff is selected, with them in mind.
The Mission of the West Midland Family Center is to enhance the quality of life for each generation by providing growth and achievement opportunities within a caring environment.
Helping each community member TODAY to reach their full potential TOMORROW.
WMFC is a fun and busy place! Find out what's new and learn about the new opportunities that we are developing for our community. Click What's Happening at WMFC? to see what is happening at WMFC.
There is always something going on at WMFC. Click Current Events to check out our upcoming events.
Volunteers are at the core of everything we do at WMFC, thus there are always many ways for volunteers to get involved at the Center. Click Volunteering to find out how you can volunteer at WMFC.WMFC is always looking for extra clothing, food and other resources to help our struggling community, but without the time, talents and efforts of our volunteers we would be far less equipped to do what we do.
WMFC is able to make such a difference in the community because of our incredible staff. We hire staff members who understand that our mission is to improve the lives of those that we come in contact with. As a result, our staff is full of wonderful and caring individuals who want to "make a difference" in the lives of the people in our community. Whether it is putting together great programs, or extending a helping hand to a family in crisis, our staff knows that what they do each and every day makes a difference in the lives of the hundreds of people who walk through our doors every year. Click Our Staff to see a staff email address list.