Preschool and Early Learning Programs
West Midland Preschool
Our Great Start Readiness Program (GSRP) is a developmentally appropriate preschool program designed for children who will turn 4 years old by September 1st of the enrolling school year. This program offers qualified, experienced and caring staff along with a fun learning environment to provide kindergarten readiness skills and support to all students. Thanks to funding through the Michigan Department of Education, we are able to offer this preschool program FREE for all who qualify. (Program is tuition based for over-income families that also meet the State of Michigan GSRP guidelines.)
WMFC has two full day 4's preschool classrooms which meet Monday through Thursday from 8:30AM-3:30 p.m.. WMFC also houses one half day 3's classroom from 8:30 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. and one full-day 3's classroom from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.. All classes meet Monday through Thursday. Children must be three by September 1st of the enrolling school year to register for the 3's program. Parents are invited and encouraged to visit our classroom at any time to see our children and teachers in action. Preschool programs also include Family Fun Nights and parent learning experiences to ensure that parents are included in our lessons and are a vibrant part of our programs. You do not have to be a Midland County resident to apply for our preschool programs.
West Midland Family Center also offers GSRP's in the community at four other sites:
- Bullock Creek Community Preschool at Bullock Creek Elementary School
- Floyd Community Preschool at Floyd Elementary School
- Shepherd Community Preschool at St. Vincent DePaul Church
- St. Louis Community Preschool located at Westgate Elementary School
Copy and paste these video links into your browser to find out more about the Regional Preschool Partnership https://video214.com/play/1v5X9bueUnr4x411i4YFtQ/s/dark
West Midland Family Center is able to provide program children with healthy meals and snacks thanks to funding through the Child and Adult Care Food Program and the USDA Summer Food Service Program.
- Full-day preschool programs and WMFC Childcare are provided breakfast, lunch and afternoon snack.
- Half-day preschool programs are provided a snack.
- After School Program provides a snack to the children when they arrive from school.
- Summer Program children are provided lunch and an afternoon snack. Meet Up and Eat Up Times in Summer are Monday through Friday. Lunch from 11:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. and snack from 2:00 p.m. - 2:30 p.m. Closed July 4th.
Licensed onsite childcare is available year round at WMFC. WMFC is the perfect place for working parents to access affordable, high quality, state licensed care for their children. We provide developmentally appropriate activities for children ages 0-12 years. The childcare program operates Monday through Friday from 6:30 a.m. until 6:30 p.m. For more information please contact Jillian Westphal at email@example.com or by phone at (989) 832-3256.